More About AJ International Consultancy
AJ International Consultancy (AJIC) is a newly formed company established by one of our BCS Associates, Joe Spencer. The company was formed to focus on supporting FE/HE establishments and VET institutions, both nationally and internationally, through consultancy and training in Quality Management and Organisational Development.
Joe has gained valuable experience working in the FE/HE and VET sectors over the past 26 years. Since leaving employment within the sector, Joe has been conducting research and development in Quality in Education & Training through:-
- Working with SQA, for 3 years, in partnership with a number of colleges across Scotland developing NQ qualifications with associated quality process and related research.
- Continuous Professional Development, that included the completion of Postgraduate Diploma in Management in Tertiary Education with Stirling University (SCQF Level 11: EQF Level 7). This involved a field study of Quality in Learning and Teaching of a number of educational establishments from various social and economic areas in Scotland with a focus on quality management and improvement.
- CQI Certificate in Quality Management Practice with progression towards the CQI Chartered Quality Professional.
- Various workshops and seminars with College Development Network and Education Scotland, including:-
- Lean in FE Ciolleges
- PDA's in Learning & Teaching
- Actively involved in various international projects:-
Metek Project: Quality Improvement in VET (Turkey)
Our involvement within the project is at the Technical Implementation phase related to supporting the Strategy Working Group (SWG) in the development of a national strategy for Quality Assurance in VET and the development of a National Quality Assurance System and Self Evaluation Toolkit throughout Turkey.
TKNIKA Project and Quality Management (Basque Country: Northern Spain)
Working in partnership with the government funded organisation TKNIKA through the delivery of Transnational Mobility projects for both staff and students, in relation to European education systems and quality standards.
As a result of our ongoing research and development, AJIC and BCS consultants have developed a wide range of services and products designed specifically to support the quality improvement of quality of education and training:-
Business Excellence in Education & Training , improving quality in education & training through:-
Internal Quality Assurance - Developing and implementing an online Self Evaluation Toolkit with supported staff development programme.
Curriulum Mapping - A model to support the regionalisation of colleges.
Lean towards FE - A customised model aimed at supporting education & training establishmnets apply the concept of lean within their own organisation.
QILT (Quality Improvement in Learning & Teaching) - Model aimed at developing internal quality systems to reflect on Learning & Teaching. Also linked to new PDA's in Learning & Teaching launched by College Development Network.
Customised Training - Series of workshops to be delivered on-site and/or in partnership with education& training establishments.
Professional Development Programmes - AJIC in partnership with BCS (SQA Centre Approved) have designed a range of programmes to support staff within the sector in developing an understanding of quality management and improvement, contextualised for education and training sectors:-